Thursday, June 12, 2008

Griffin-Burkman Memorial

This mosaic was created by DUI Victims Voice (using photos from Flickr.com) in memory of Bethany Griffan-Burkman and her children who were killed by a drunk driver.




From Bethany's friend Nancy:

Bethany and I have been Gymboree fanatics and loopies on Yahoo for years. She was a spirited and spiritual women who loved her family. She was very articulate and even though we had different views on politics at times I always respected her and was impressed how how open she was to debating subjects she believed in. Drunk driving affects everyone. I hope that this can help someone. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since I heard about it yesterday. What a tragedy, what a loss. I prayer for both the families.

Killed at the scene of the crash were Bethany Griffin, 36; her children Lacie Burkman, 7; Haley Burkman, 10; and 2-month-old Vadi Griffin, all of Parkville, Md.; and her stepdaughter Jordan Griffin, 10, of Redford Township.

For more on Bethany and Dan's family and to help with donations visit the My Space page set up by her family.
www.myspace.com/bhjlv

No comments: